Discover the art of storytelling through your photographs. In this 3-day masterclass with renown photographers and Leica Ambassadors Vineet Vohra and Rohit Vohra, participants will learn to write photo essays, with guidance at every stage.
What to Expect:
This masterclass will take you from single winners to photography projects. The idea is to get these stories featured in top publications around the world.
- Hands-on shooting and theory session where mentors will share about the decisive moment and selection process.
- Mentors will share their stories to help you understand the art of photo essays from conception to completion and publication.
- Editing Process
Who Should Attend:
- Photographers who aspire to improve their photo storytelling.
- This Masterclass is best suited for an intermediate to advanced photographer, who has photography experience and understands light, camera, editing workflow.
To ensure a conducive learning environment, the masterclass is limited to 10 pax only.
The masterclass spans over 3 days -
Friday, 31 March 2023: 5:00 pm – 7:30 pm
Saturday, 1 April 2023: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Sunday, 2 April 2023: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Leica Store Raffles Hotel
Cancellation & Refund Policy:
- No cancellation is allowed. Payment made is non-refundable.
- In the event the organiser has to cancel the masterclass due to unforeseen circumstances, registered participants will receive a full refund.
Things to Bring:
- A digital camera preferably with a fixed wide-angle lens (a 35mm focal length lens would be the best). You are most welcome to bring along your long telephoto lenses and zooms for your personal work. For participants who would like to loan a Leica camera or lens, kindly inform the mentors in advance. Loan of cameras and lenses are subject to availability.
- A laptop with software to edit/tone your images.
- A notebook to take down notes during the masterclass.
Born on 2nd November 1973, in New Delhi, India with a first-class degree in fine arts from the prestigious College of Arts, Vineet is a self-taught photographer. Street photography is a passion that he lives like a discipline. Although Vineet started shooting as a wildlife photographer for two years, he switched on to street in 2001. It instantly became his passion and his first nature. To him, street photography is a journey and as he travels everyday, he is learning and unlearning everyday, thriving to improve everyday. Life in general, which is so unexpected, he tries to be as honest through his lens as he can.
Vineet is a Leica Ambassador, first-ever Indian in the history of Leica, and conducting workshops as a Leica Mentor in Leica Akademie, with various publications on the Leica blog.
Vineet's work and stories have been published in various prestigious magazines, newspapers & blogs all over the world including National Geographic, NYT, The Guardian, UK. He has been a part of various collective exhibitions in London, New York, Miami, Vietnam, Tel Aviv & India.
About Rohit Vohra (@rohit_apf)
Born on 23rd Nov 1975 in New Delhi India, Rohit Vohra is a street/ travel photographer, educator and Co-founder/ Editor in Chief of APF Magazine, one of the leading street photography magazines in the world. He is a Leica Akademie Mentor.
In a search for methods to read the city, his photographs are often about contact with humans and basic living elements. He received his degree in BFA from prestigous College of Arts, Delhi in the year 1997 and has been photographing for over 19 years. He has also studied fine arts and design.
He was placed No. 1 in the top 20 most influential street photographers in 2017.