Topics covered include:
- Practice observing light, apply bokeh and experience "night vision" through a Leica camera
- Learn how to combine and create "layers" in the night frame
- Practice basic photo selection and post-production skills
At the end of the photo walk, you would be able to confidently handle photoshoots in different environmental conditions.
This workshop is open to anyone who is interested in learning more about shooting in low light conditions and have a basic understanding of composition and exposure triangle.
For those who would like to learn more about the exposure triangle, you are encouraged to attend the Fundamentals Workshop prior to signing up for this workshop.
Please ensure that you have selected the date prior to checkout.
- All cameras are welcome and there will be a limited selection of Leica cameras and Leica lenses (e.g. Noctilux lens) available for attendees to use.
- No cancellation or refund upon sign up.
Mathias Heng (@mathiasheng)
Mathias Heng is an international photojournalist who spends much of his time on assignments and conducting photography workshops.
Much of his work is emotionally charged; focusing on the documentary narrative of conflicts, natural disaster, poverty, social issues and its effects on the civilian population. He captures the turning points of human history and always approaches his subjects with respect and dignity.
His work appears internationally in a range of publications for both NGOs and editorial organisations throughout Asia and Europe. He is also a sought after workshop instructor and speaker who inspires his participants through his works and actions.
Despite his exposure to many atrocities, Mathias has never lost his passion and commitment to humanity; he continues to capture images which speak to people around the globe.