Update: The workshop has ended. If you are interested in attending this workshop, kindly join the waitlist. We will inform you once it is available. Thank you.
Embark on a comprehensive workshop with Walter, where you will explore fashion photography and post-production techniques. Develop a strong foundation in the fundamentals of these disciplines, learn to handle equipment with confidence, and master lighting for impactful visuals. Acquire post-production skills, including the creation of unique looks and the optimization of editing workflow.
Topics covered include:
- Understand pre-production considerations and conceptualise photoshoot direction based on trends and inspirations from Pinterest/Instagram
- Understand photography fundamentals (shutter speed, aperture, ISO)
- Handle photography equipment and accessories
- Learn to direct the models' pose and utilize available props, without compromising on showcasing styles
- Learn when to use natural/ studio lighting according to concept briefs
- Apply practical skills (when to shoot with low/ high aperture, shutter speed, ISO)
- Learn how to create your Instagram look and preset
- Learn a workflow process ideal for photos
Who should attend:
Anyone who wish to learn more about fashion photography.
Date & Time:
22 July 2023, Saturday
11am - 3pm
Please ensure that you have selected the date prior to checkout.
Note: Participants are responsible in ensuring that you are available to attend the workshop on the selected date and time. No cancellation or refund is allowed upon sign up.
Assemblyclan Studio (address will be provided upon sign up)
- All cameras are welcome and there will be a limited selection of Leica gear available for attendees to use.
- No cancellation or refund upon sign up.
Walter Tan (@waltertan)
A creative director who pursued his passion and founded Assemblyclan whilst studying as an undergrad in NUS Business School. With his bold decision to pursue a career off the beaten path, his works have gained recognition from Female Magazine as one of the rising fashion photographers in Singapore.
Aside from his photography works, Walter directs and produces many local and international social media campaign videos for international Fashion and Beauty brands such as Louis Vuitton, Dior, Sephora, Loreal, Shiseido, and many others. He has also worked with many local and international celebrities like Chau Bui, Paula Verhoeven, Desmond Tan, Rozz, Nathan Hartono, Sonia Chew, Kimberly Wang, and influencers such as Prettyfrowns, Jamie Pang, Melissackoh, and many others.