Every detail is deliberate. The minimalist design of the Leica ZM Monochrom Edition removes all colour, with the exception of the Red Dot; letting the exquisite craftsmanship speak for itself. The fine satin finish of the stainless steel case and the bezel is coated in black (PVD coating), with beveled edges that seem to absorb light rather than reflect it. Beneath the domed sapphire crystal is the sandblasted, high-strength aluminium dial; the black rhodium-plated, diamond cut, and sandblasted indices; watch hands and a small second decor ring that reveal an impressive manufacturing quality.
The Monochrom Edition watch strap is made of thick, black calf leather with a strong grain, which is identical to the leather cover of the Leica M11 Monochrom. To support the slightly raw, powerful expression of the Monochrom watches, its strap is crafted using a cut-edge construction and hand-stitched, thick black thread.
Comes with a Bovine Leather Watch Strap, Black, available in 2 sizes:
- S: 107 x 70 (small - from 168 to 195 mm wrist size)
- M: 118 x 78 (medium - from 183 to 211 mm wrist size)
- Leica’s hand-winding movement (same movement as stainless-steel version) with patented push-crown with seconds reset for easy time-setting
- 41 mm case with special black PVD coated finishing (“Physical Vapor Deposition” providing specific scratch resistance requirements), satin surfaces with polished, beveled edges, coated pusher, crown
- New dial design with glossy black logo print and white minute indication
- Black rhodium-plated and diamond-polished indices, watch hands, and small second decor ring, with a black lacquered second hand
- Strap made from thick black calf leather, identical in texture to M11 Monochrom. Cut edge construction with hand stitching and black PVD-coated pin buckle
- Made in Germany