The Leica SL2 was created in collaboration with professional photographers. Their specific experiences and desires were incorporated into the development of this powerful full-frame camera. With its 47-megapixel CMOS sensor, exceptional built quality, and intuitive user interface, the Leica SL2 meets all the requirements for demanding photography and filmmaking.
Combined in a Kit with the Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-70 f/2.8 ASPH., the SL2 offers virtually limitless possibilities. This versatile SL-Lens impresses with its universal zoom range, consistently high aperture, and a close focusing distance of just 18cm, making it ideal for lightweight camera equipment while providing flexible usage options.
New Sensor with Body Image Stabilization
The newly developed 47 megapixel full frame CMOS sensor – with an ISO range of 50 - 50,000 – gives photographers all the resolution they need while still maintaining high speeds and versatile low-light shooting. The integrated BIS system offers up to 5.5 stops of stabilization with any lens, including adapted Leica lenses never before stabilized, allowing stills and video to be steadier and helping guarantee sharp images even in low light with slower shutter speeds.
4K Video Recording with Cine Mode
The Leica SL2 is a perfect hybrid platform for both stills and video, now recording 4K across the full sensor. It goes further with 4K video up to 60 fps, a cropped 5K mode, built-in 3.5mm headphone and mic jacks and 10-bit quality direct to card. For pros operating in a high-level work flow, the SL2 can be set to Cine Mode to speak the language of cinematographers. For example, shutter speed becomes shutter angle and ISO becomes ASA.
Leica Object Detection Autofocus System
The advanced contrast-detect autofocus system of the Leica SL2 is capable of face detection and body detection, to track moving subjects and maintain pinpoint accuracy. Intelligent-AF (iAF) can be used to focus on still subjects and begin tracking them as soon as they move. The focusing settings can also be fine-tuned by the user to adjust the behavior and tolerances for tracking.
Long Exposures in Less Time
Users now have the option of turning off Long Exposure Noise Reduction in the menu of the Leica SL2, allowing photographers who capture long exposures to work quicker and more conveniently. Capture detail in even the darkest scenes with a maximum shutter time of 30 minutes.
Leica Camera is happy to announce a new cooperation with Capture One. Capture One 21 Pro allows photographers to tether their camera to a computer by cable. The software offers advantages such as a powerful Color Editor tool, as well as a straightforward user interface that can easily be adapted to the photographer's requirements. The new version of Capture One 21 Pro includes improved import options, simple Brush tool settings, as well as the new Pro Standard color profiles, which prevent color shifts when making changes to the contrast. Exposure settings can be controlled from Capture One 21 Pro and photos can be taken remotely from the software. Tethering with the Leica S and SL-system has never been easier.
- 47 Megapixel full frame sensor bring new levels of image quality
- Built-in Body Image Stabilization for steadier shots with all lenses
- 4K recording with Cine Mode for a pro-level video output
- Streamlined menu interface and button layout for easier/faster use
- Improved ergonomics & weather sealed rugged build
- Made in Germany
Download SL2 Technical Data.
- 19 elements (3 with ASPH surfaces on both sides) in 15 groups
- Consistent f/2.8 maximum aperture through full zoom range
- Fast internal focusing with a single, lightweight lens element
- Compact dimensions and lighter weight thanks to omission of OIS
- Lens is stabilized by the SL2 and SL2-S BIS systems
- Excellent sharpness across all f-stops and focus distances with creamy bokeh and the Leica look
- Metal body with weather sealing
- Durable in any environment, making it suited for even the rigors of outdoor landscape and adventure photographers or the hustle and bustle of a pro wedding photographer
- Leica SL2, Battery, battery charger, Carrying Strap, Body Cap
- Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-70 f/2.8 ASPH. lens, lens hood, lens front & rear cover SL, lens cover, soft bag