The Leica SL2-S Bundle consists of a Leica SL2-S Body and a Leica Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-70mm f/2.8 ASPH Lens.
Sales Price: $10,390 (u.p.$11,650)
For photographers and videographers who seek outstanding imaging performance to express both still and moving visual stories, the new Leica SL2-S is the ideal choice to capture brilliant photographs and cinematic videos through an intuitive camera that is built to last. With its new 24MP CMOS-BSI sensor and separate modes/menus for photo and video, the new Leica SL2-S offers the best of both mediums in one all-metal, state-of-the-art body.
An ideal camera for the photographer who wants to shoot in the most demanding situations. With fast, endless shooting thanks to the latest Maestro III processor, outstanding low-light performance up to 100,000 ISO, and full support with Capture One 21 tethered shooting, the Leica SL2-S is suited for all applications – from the field to the photo studio to the film production set.
Leica Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-70 f/2.8 ASPH.
The Leica Vario-Elmarit-SL 24–70 f/2.8 ASPH. is the ideal lens with broad appeal for any photographer given its ability to equally capture reportage, travel, studio, architectural and landscape photography, as well as portraits, close-ups, and video content. With its extensive focal range, consistent maximum aperture of f/2.8, and vast scope of uses, this new addition is a shining example of a lens that can be enjoyed both by professionals and first time SL-System users alike.
Fast Shooting Speed and Professional Video Capabilities
In addition to the extraordinary performance in shooting photos at high speed of up to 25 fps in DNG, the SL2-S can perform exceptionally demanding video production tasks. Recording 4K at 10bit 4:2:2 and C4k at 10bit 4:2:2 video, combined with Leica L-Log and integrated viewing LUTs (Look Up Tables) make the compact Leica SL2-S a great alternative to more cumbersome cinema cameras.
The intuitively organized photo and video menu systems avoid constant time-consuming readjustments in sub-menus - meaning that the camera is correctly configured and ready to always shoot, even when quickly switching between photo and video modes.
A full-fledged video camera for the most discerning videographer, shooting up to 4K and C4K at 60p 10bit 4:2:2, with integrated viewing LUTs and endless filming in a robust body with efficient cooling and no worry of overheating.
A Versatile All-Around Camera with Capture One 21 Integration
Full support in Capture One 21 enables Photographers to use tethered shooting and Professional RAW image editing in every production environment
Seamless Support of an Expansive Range of Lenses
Powered by a wide range of high-performing Leica SL lenses, L-Mount Alliance lenses as well as M-lenses and the Leitz Cine lenses, highly appreciated by filmmakers, the SL2-S offers unlimited creative possibilities.
The SL2-S is supported by an expansive high performance lens portfolio for photo and video production.
The Leica SL2-S is a premium-segment, German-engineered hybrid stills & video camera that delivers unparalleled imaging performance powered by an expansive range of high-performing Leica SL-Lenses, empowering photographers and videographers alike to manifest their visual creativity.
- The new 24 MP CMOS-BSI full-frame sensor, the first backside-illuminated sensor from Leica, is designed to deliver the legendary Leica look for photo and video
- Professional video capabilities with 4K 10bit 4:2:2 and C4k 10bit 4:2:2
- The fast-all around camera with Capture One 21 full support and Adobe Lightroom optimization
- Seamless support of a wide range of lenses from the L-Mount Alliance, the Leica M-System and the Leitz Cine lenses
- Fast shooting speed up to 25 fps for DNG and a 4GB buffer
- Multishot Mode with up to 96MP
- Made in Germany: High quality milled aluminum top cover and bottom, complete with IP54-rated weather sealing protection
Download SL2-S Technical Data.
- 19 elements (3 with ASPH surfaces on both sides) in 15 groups
- Consistent f/2.8 maximum aperture through full zoom range
- Fast internal focusing with a single, lightweight lens element
- Compact dimensions and lighter weight thanks to omission of OIS
- Lens is stabilized by the SL2 and SL2-S BIS systems
- Excellent sharpness across all f-stops and focus distances with creamy bokeh and the Leica look
- Metal body with weather sealing
- Durable in any environment, making it suited for even the rigors of outdoor landscape and adventure photographers or the hustle and bustle of a pro wedding photographer
- Leica SL2-S, Battery, battery charger, Carrying Strap, Body Cap
- Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-70 f/2.8 ASPH. lens, lens hood, lens front & rear cover SL, lens cover, soft bag