The Leica SL2-S Bundle consists of
- Leica SL2-S Body (U.P.$7,440)
- Leica Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-90mm f/2.8-4 ASPH. Lens. (U.P.$7,530)
- Rope Strap | 100cm or 126cm | Glowing Red, Oasis or Blue (U.P.$120)
- Premium Hybrid Glass Display Protector (U.P.$50)
- Sandisk SDHC Extreme Pro® SD UHS-II Card (U.P.$129)
Bundle Price: $14,000 (u.p.$15,269)
For photographers and videographers who seek outstanding imaging performance to express both still and moving visual stories, the new Leica SL2-S is the ideal choice to capture brilliant photographs and cinematic videos through an intuitive camera that is built to last. With its new 24MP CMOS-BSI sensor and separate modes/menus for photo and video, the new Leica SL2-S offers the best of both mediums in one all-metal, state-of-the-art body.
An ideal camera for the photographer who wants to shoot in the most demanding situations. With fast, endless shooting thanks to the latest Maestro III processor, outstanding low-light performance up to 100,000 ISO, and full support with Capture One 21 tethered shooting, the Leica SL2-S is suited for all applications – from the field to the photo studio to the film production set.
Leica Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-90mm f/2.8-4 ASPH.
The Leica SL lenses are full-frame AF lenses designed for professional needs. With the highest image performance at every aperture and distance, the new Leica SL Auto-focus is the fastest AF available for full-frame system cameras. The SL lenses are silent and offer precise AF. All SL lenses have an AquaDura hydrophobic coating on the outer lens elements. The lenses are sealed to protect from dust and water.
The Leica Vario-Elmarit-SL 1: 2,8-4 / 24-90 mm ASPH. has a large focal length spread and high light intensity. The near distance of 0.3 m in the wide angle position and the maximum magnification of 1: 3.8 in the telephoto position allow fascinating perspectives. The optical image stabilization allows an extension of the exposure times by up to 3.5 f-stops. Among the total of 18 lenses, which are divided into six movable assemblies, are four aspherical lenses and eleven lenses made of glasses with anomalous partial dispersion for the correction of chromatic aberrations. A single, very light single lens is moved to focus. With the help of the specially developed motor concept, consisting of a stepper motor and a linear guide, it is thus possible to focus very quickly, quietly and precisely. The length of the lens does not change. The supplied lens hood effectively suppresses disturbing reflections and stray light due to its rectangular shape.
Fast Shooting Speed and Professional Video Capabilities
In addition to the extraordinary performance in shooting photos at high speed of up to 25 fps in DNG, the SL2-S can perform exceptionally demanding video production tasks. Recording 4K at 10bit 4:2:2 and C4k at 10bit 4:2:2 video, combined with Leica L-Log and integrated viewing LUTs (Look Up Tables) make the compact Leica SL2-S a great alternative to more cumbersome cinema cameras.
The intuitively organized photo and video menu systems avoid constant time-consuming readjustments in sub-menus - meaning that the camera is correctly configured and ready to always shoot, even when quickly switching between photo and video modes.
A full-fledged video camera for the most discerning videographer, shooting up to 4K and C4K at 60p 10bit 4:2:2, with integrated viewing LUTs and endless filming in a robust body with efficient cooling and no worry of overheating.
A Versatile All-Around Camera with Capture One 21 Integration
Full support in Capture One 21 enables Photographers to use tethered shooting and Professional RAW image editing in every production environment
Seamless Support of an Expansive Range of Lenses
Powered by a wide range of high-performing Leica SL lenses, L-Mount Alliance lenses as well as M-lenses and the Leitz Cine lenses, highly appreciated by filmmakers, the SL2-S offers unlimited creative possibilities.
The SL2-S is supported by an expansive high performance lens portfolio for photo and video production.
The Leica SL2-S is a premium-segment, German-engineered hybrid stills & video camera that delivers unparalleled imaging performance powered by an expansive range of high-performing Leica SL-Lenses, empowering photographers and videographers alike to manifest their visual creativity.
- The new 24 MP CMOS-BSI full-frame sensor, the first backside-illuminated sensor from Leica, is designed to deliver the legendary Leica look for photo and video
- Professional video capabilities with 4K 10bit 4:2:2 and C4k 10bit 4:2:2
- The fast-all around camera with Capture One 21 full support and Adobe Lightroom optimization
- Seamless support of a wide range of lenses from the L-Mount Alliance, the Leica M-System and the Leitz Cine lenses
- Fast shooting speed up to 25 fps for DNG and a 4GB buffer
- Multishot Mode with up to 96MP
- Made in Germany: High quality milled aluminum top cover and bottom, complete with IP54-rated weather sealing protection
Download SL2-S Technical Data.
- Ideal standard varifocal lens
- high imaging performance from infinity to near range
- optical image stabilizer
- Creative use of sharpness and blur for the plastic detachment of motif details
- Fast and quiet focusing
- Seal against dust and spray water
- Leica Aqua-Dura ® coating effectively protects the outer glass surfaces from dirt and scratches
- Elaborate coating of all lens surfaces effectively minimizes reflexes and stray light
- L-mount bayonet
- Leica SL2-S, Battery, battery charger, Carrying Strap, Body Cap
- Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-90mm lens, lens hood, lens rear cover SL, lens cover E82
- Rope Strap
- Premium Hybrid Glass Display Protector
- Sandisk SDHC Extreme Pro® SD UHS-II Card