Leica Camera is pleased to introduce the Leica Elmarit-S 45mm f/2.8 ASPH and Leica Elmarit-S 45mm f/2.8 ASPH (CS) lenses to the S-System. These lenses are ideal for use in many different photography genres such as architecture, fashion, transportation, landscapes and photo journalism.This new lens has an equivalent angle of view as a 35mm lens on a full frame 35mm camera system with a natural looking perspective. The lens uses a very sophisticated design of 12 lenses to achieve the highest optical performance in the lens. There are three lenses of glass with anomalous partial dispersion and two more are made of highrefraction extra low dispersion glass for correction of chromatic aberrations. One aspherical surface on the front lens element minimizes monochromatic aberrations while a floating element moves independently to ensure the close range imaging capability of the lens. The elaborate construction enables maximum contrast even at full aperture and the smallest focusing distance. The design of the lens ensures that monochromatic aberrations are almost nonexistent and the chromatic aberrations are corrected to a minimum.
- Maximum contrast reproduction & highest resolution even at full stop
- Excellent image quality at all apertures over the entire distance range provides crisp images
- Brilliant, pure color reproduction with minimal distortion
- Excellent for shooting in available light & targeted use of selective focus due to the high light intensity of 1:2:8
- Excellent stray light suppression for high-contrast images, even in backlight situations
- Lens hood optimally matched to beam light path and lens hood can be retracted for easy transportation
- Weather sealing protects the lens from common elements such as dust & water spray ensuring durability & reliability