LEICA CL “100 JAHRE BAUHAUS - BAUHAUS MUSEUM DESSAU” EDITION
Following the release of the Leica CL '100 jahre bauhaus' Edition in May, Leica Camera announces a new variation of the Leica CL to further commemorate the 100th anniversary of the founding of the Bauhaus school of art and design in Germany and celebrate the opening of the new bauhaus museum in Dessau.
The set comprises a black Leica CL camera with matching Elmarit-TL 18mm f/2.8 ASPH lens and a black leather carrying strap. The Leica logo, in keeping with the Bauhaus emphasis on minimalist aesthetics, has been reduced and desaturated to pure black to give the entire camera an all-black look. This edition is strictly limited to 150 sets worldwide and will be sold exclusively through Leica Stores and Boutiques.
Founded in 1919 and operating until 1933, the Bauhaus was famous for its approach to design and the arts. Its philosophy of "form follows function" was influential to the world of art and remains today a keystone of modern design. The "bauhaus" word mark discreetly emblazoned on the camera's front was originally created by Joost Schmidt, one of the famous graphic designers of the Bauhaus and acting director of the photography department from 1928 to 1932. The combination of the subtle bauhaus lettering and black Leica logo with the Leica CL's discreet looks and simplified controls make the set an elegant and iconic piece of German design.
In addition to the Elmarit-TL 18 mm f/2.8 ASPH. lens from the special edition, an extensive range of other lenses is also available for the Leica CL. Thanks to the ‘L-Mount Alliance’, recently established with the partners Panasonic and Sigma, the Leica CL is also perfectly equipped to take advantage of coming lens developments. The camera is fully compatible with all current and future lenses constructed in accordance with the L-Mount standard.
The edition is strictly limited to only 150 examples worldwide.
- World’s most tactile APS-C System Camera
- Compatible with all Leica TL & SL lenses
- Adaptable to use Leica M and R lenses
- Built-in electronic viewfinder, 2.34 MP resolution and 0.74x magnification
- Locking mechanical diopter adjustment
- Fast Auto Focus performance with a 49-point AF system
- 24MP APS-C sized sensor
- ISO range of 100-50,000
- Maestro II processor
- Fast touch and gesture responsiveness for optional touchscreen controls
- Mechanical shutter speed max. of 1/8,000
- Electronic shutter speed max. of 1/25,000
- Option for full-time electronic shutter, making the shutter completely noiseless
- Quick burst shooting up to 10 fps with either mechanical shutter or electronic shutter
- DNG+JPG shooting for up to 33 shots in continuous burst
- Focus peaking and magnification for manual focus aid
- 4K video recording @ 30fps
- 1080p Full-HD video recording @ 30/60fps
- Compact all-metal body with anodized aluminum top and bottom cover
- Built-in Wi-Fi
- Made in Germany
- Faster performance in all parameters
- Best-in-class image quality in every way, particularly in low-light
- Selection of extraordinary autofocus TL-Lenses, offering a wide range of focal lengths and speeds
- An innovative modern system that also permits access to the legendary M and R lenses via adapters
- Outstanding craftsmanship featuring a black anodized top and bottom cover with leather cladding
- Fast and easy use via the top display
- User-customizable menus and controls
- Easy operation with all adjustments made and viewed on the top display
- Adjustable diopter wheel and eye sensor for automatic switching
- Traditional design
- CL-App on Apple App Store and Google Play makes it easy to share pictures via Wi-Fi hotspot feature
- Wide range of additional technical and style accessories including flashes, filters, camera protectors and carrying straps are available