Update: The workshop has ended. If you are interested in attending this workshop, kindly join the waitlist. We will inform you once it is available. Thank you.
The art of macro photography can reveal the minutest of details and with it the magnificence of the natural world, which would otherwise remain hidden from sight.
Immerse in a whole new world of photography as we uncover the secrets to capturing sharp and stunning macro images - with the use of everyday items, along with recommendations on some of the best tools and combinations for macro photography.
The session will be held indoor, focusing on macro shots under studio lighting. Materials for the workshop will be prepared for you. Participants are also welcome to bring their own items for the session should they wish to.
Topics covered include:
- Understand the art of macro photography
- Selecting the right equipment and combinations for the ideal macro shot
- Understand the use of lightings
- Selecting the right settings and understanding the depth of field, its effects and limitations
- Choosing your subjects
- Focusing techniques, composition and framing of your subjects
- Q&A session
Who should attend:
This workshop is open to anyone who is interested in macro photography, and have a basic understanding of composition and exposure triangle.
For those who would like to learn more about the exposure triangle, you are encouraged to attend the Fundamentals Workshop prior to signing up for this workshop.
Date & Time:
To be updated.
Note: Participants are responsible in ensuring that you are available to attend the workshop on the selected date and time. No cancellation or refund is allowed upon sign up.
Leica Store Raffles Hotel
- All cameras are welcome and there will be a limited selection of Leica gear available for attendees to use.
- Materials for the workshop will be prepared for you. Participants are also welcome to bring their own items for the session should they wish to.
- No cancellation or refund upon sign up.
Sim Tiak Siew (@sim4nee)
Leica Akademie Manager
Better known as TS Sim, he is an acclaimed professional photographer whom is highly sought after for his exceptional photographic style and creative direction.
Sim has shot for numerous magazine titles including ELLE, The Peak, Female, Nuyou, Her World, Marie Claire, Cita Bella, SilverKris, Changi, Wine & Dine – just to name a few.
Spanning over 20 years’ experience, the majority of his works are shooting people in fashion and beauty settings for commercial/ editorial features. Some of his recent clients are Toni & Guy China, Singapore Airlines, Wacoal and Singapore’s Largest Healthcare Group, SingHealth.
He graduated from Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts (NAFA), and serving as Vice-President of Professional Photographers Association, Singapore (PPAS) from 2010 - 2012. He is now working with Leica as the Leica Akademie Manager.