Get a glimpse into the world of tattooing as we take you behind the scenes of a tattoo parlour to capture the emotions, the process and the outcome.
What to Expect:
- Learn to capture the emotions of both the customer and tattoo artiste before, during and after the procedure.
- Learn to find the right lighting and angle to get the ideal artistic shot of the artiste at work.
- Learn to capture the beauty of inked skin - including the right pose and how to frame the shot to bring more focus to the tattoo.
3 March 2023,
5.30pm - 8pm
Leica Store Raffles Hotel
Transportation to the tattoo parlour will be provided.
Things to Bring:
Bring along your own camera.
All cameras are welcome and there will be a limited selection of Leica gear available for attendees to use.
Cancellation & Refund Policy:
- No cancellation is allowed. Payment made is non-refundable.
- In the event the organiser has to cancel the workshop due to unforeseen circumstances, registered participants will receive a full refund.
Mathias Heng (@mathiasheng)
Mathias Heng is an international photojournalist who spends much of his time on assignments and conducting photography workshops.
Much of his work is emotionally charged; focusing on the documentary narrative of conflicts, natural disaster, poverty, social issues and its effects on the civilian population. He captures the turning points of human history and always approaches his subjects with respect and dignity.
His work appears internationally in a range of publications for both NGOs and editorial organisations throughout Asia and Europe. He is also a sought after workshop instructor and speaker who inspires his participants through his works and actions.
Despite his exposure to many atrocities, Mathias has never lost his passion and commitment to humanity; he continues to capture images which speak to people around the globe.